- About Home Health
- Nursing Care
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Social Work
- Care Coordination
Read all About It!
THE RESULTS ARE IN: All-Heart ranks in the top 1 percentile of Home Health Agencies in America as rated by Consumers!!
All-Heart provides High Quality Home Health Care & Hospice Care in Hampton Roads, Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News & Suffolk. Let All-Heart help you with all of Your Home Care Needs
Home Health Services
Excellence in home health care comes from a combination of many things. It is dependent on the attitude‚ dedication & skill of those who provide it. Our professionals communicate a positive and helpful attitude towards all clients. In each case‚ we do everything possible to assure maximum comfort and independence assisting you in customizing a plan of care that will satisfy your own‚ unique medical needs and personal schedule‚ while working closely with your physician to help you achieve your maximum health potential.
All-Heart provides nursing care, physical, speech, and occupational therapy, medical social work, care coordination services, and specialized health care services, throughout the Hampton Roads community.
- Related links and information for All-Heart Home Health Services:
- Home Health Specialty Programs
- About All-Heart Staff
- Agency Credentials
- View our patient testimonials
Nursing Care Services
As an agency founded by an RN recognized for excellence in Clinical Practice, All-Heart Home Health sets the same high standard of excellence for our entire clinical team. Our Nursing staff consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants, and Certified Home Health Aides. All of our Nurses provide services that can only be performed safely and effectively by trained and experienced personnel.
All members of our clinical team are skilled, experienced professionals, who have been carefully screened/background checked, completed specialized training and education, are licensed, bonded & insured in the state of Virginia.
- Skilled nursing services include‚ but are not limited to:
- Skilled observation and assessment of a newly diagnosed condition or the exacerbation of an existing condition
- Medication education, &/or treatment for a new or changed drug
- Wound care
- Bowel/bladder training
- Patient and Family teaching and instruction
- Foley insertion
- Instruction on care of in-dwelling Foley Catheters, ostomy, ileal conduit of care, nasogastric feeding tube
- Bladder instillation
- Administering of medications (including inhalation Rx), vitamin B12, insulin, IV's/Clysis, and other IM/Subq.
- Re-insertion nasogastric feeding tube
- Disimpaction/FU enema
- Management and evaluation of a patient care plan
- Aide services include‚ but are not limited to:
- Bathing & dressing
- Transfer & ambulation
- Support of nutritional needs
- Support of Daily Activities of Living, such as light meal preparation, laundry & housekeeping.
Physical Therapy Services
All-Heart's therapy services are highly reputable among a wide range of professionals in the medical community, from assisted living facilities to orthopedic specialists alike. Our Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants specialize in the treatment of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal dysfunctions through the application of physical agents (heat, cold, water, etc.) and neuromuscular procedures to alleviate pain, prevent disability and rehabilitate function after disease, trauma, or injury. Our PTs excel in restoring the mobility & strength of our patients, who are limited or disabled by physical injuries through the use of exercise, massage, specialized equipment, patient education & other methods.
- Physical Therapy services include:
- Evaluation and assessment
- custom therapeutic exercise programs
- gait training
- transfer training
- custom home exercise programs
- prosthetic training.
Speech Therapy Services
Our Speech Therapists work to develop and restore the speech of individuals with communication disorders; usually these disorders are the result of traumas, such as surgery or stroke. Our Speech Therapists also help retrain patients in breathing, swallowing, and muscle control.
- Our Speech Therapy services include:
- Voice disorder treatment
- Speech articulation disorder
- Dsyphagia treatment
- Language disorder treatment
- Aural rehabilitation
Occupational Therapy Services
Our Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants help individuals who have physical, developmental, social or emotional problems that prevent them from performing the general activities of daily living, or ADLs. OTs instruct patients on using specialized rehabilitation techniques and equipment to improve their function in tasks such as eating, bathing, dressing, and basic household routines. Occupational Therapy Assistants provide services under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Our Occupational Therapy services include:
- ADL training
- Muscle re-education
- Perceptual motor training
- Fine motor coordination
- Neuro-development treatment
- Sensory treatment
- Adaptive equipment
Medical Social Worker Services
Social services in home care are directly related to the treatment of the patient's medical condition, and most recently, Medicare will allow two to three visits for family intervention directly related to the patient's health and safety. The activities of social workers also include promoting the health and well-being of people; increasing self-sufficiency, preventing dependency, strengthening family relationships; & restoring social functioning.
- Specific services include, but are not limited to:
- Helping obtain adequate financial resources
- Community resource planning, such as facilitating health care provisions and linking clients to resources.
- Short-term counseling for long range planning and decision making
- Therapy/counseling, mediation, and advocating for social causes
- Forming organization of their obligations
Christmas Party Photos
View your photos from this year's holiday celebration, Dancing with the stars! View now!
Preventing Falls with GaitKeepers™
Falls are the most common cause of hospital admissions for trauma and nonfatal injuries among...more
Tell us how you feel by taking our short and sweet satisfaction survey....Go to Survey